Thursday, September 3, 2009

Two Quotes

Last night I had the opportunity to do a postnatal appointment, and a prenatal appointment. I always look forward to visiting a family after I have supported them through their birth. It creates such a unique relationship, plus I get to see their tiny newborns! As my client and I were talking about her birth she said one of the sweetest things anyone has ever said to/about me.

"At that moment" (during her labor) "I really felt like you were my best friend"
. I was so touched.

My next appointment was with a repeat client. Working with a repeat client is great. The relationship is already established, and you get to improve on what you did last time. As we were reviewing her previous birth she started recalling the moment that I arrived and turned on the music. She said something along the lines of...

"As soon as I heard the music I focused all of my attention on it, and I knew that it would get me through my contractions".


YAY! That is EXACTLY what it is supposed to do. Using the right music at the right time can really make all the difference. So can having a "best friend" to lean on. I'm only human, so of course the compliments I receive are great boosters for my self esteem. But the real pay off is knowing that I helped a family get off on the right foot.

Birth matters, and it does make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment